Chill - Premium Equine Calmer
Chill - Premium Equine Calmer
ProSportive "Chill" helps reduce excitability and stress without detracting from the performance. Containing not only magnesium, but tryptophan and B vitamins this premium product will help reduce stress in all types if horses. Tried and tested from competition horse to cob, "Chill" allows you to get the best from your horse.
What Chill does.
- Chill provides effective ingredients for the relief of anxiety and stress in the equine species.
- Stress related behaviour may be the result of magnesium deficiency in dietary intake. Chill provides magnesium from two distinct sources to ensure optimal uptake and utilisation. Tryptophan has been shown to effectively reduce symptoms of anxiety by working in the brain to produce serotonin which promotes a feeling of wellbeing calm and relaxation
- Reports have shown an improvement in mood, behaviour, and concentration following administration of magnesium and tryptophan compounds. Whether due to environmental or dietary conditions.
- Chill is effective and safe for use in horses of all ages in reducing troublesome excitability and anxiety.
What Chill contains.
- Magnesium: Provided from two sources to ensure optimal absorption and effectiveness and important function in the transmission of nervous impulses along with calcium.
- L Tryptophan: Tryptophan has been proven to improve mood by boosting serotonin levels.
- Vitamin B6: A stressed horse or one on a diet high in cereal concentrates could have compromised B6 production and therefore respond to supplemental supplies, a theory supported by anecdotal evidence.
- Niacin (also known as Vitamin B3): The body uses tryptophan to produce niacin, therefore by including niacin within a supplement more of the Tryptophan is available to promote serotonin levels and therefore enhances the calming effect. Niacin also inhibits the enzyme that breaks down tryptophan in the liver and therefore it again, albeit indirectly, promotes the production of serotonin in the brain.
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1): This is included for its role in transmitting nervous impulses. Thiamine has been demonstrated to improve concentration and reduce excitability in humans and the same appears to apply in horses.
Why buy Chill?
- Chill reduces excitability and stress whilst improving concentration.
- Box rest can be a stressful time for horse, Chill can help them relax and be happier when confined for long periods.
- Chill is ideal for horses gaining confidence in hacking on the road.
- The reduction in stress and excitability, and improved concentration pay dividends in events such as Dressage and Show jumping.
- Chill can be particularly effective for horses which do not travel or load especially well.
- Chill does not detract from competitive performance.
Nutritional Value Information:
Feed rate and advice.
- Between 22.5gram and 45 grams per day (see feed chart)
- Where practical the recommended feed rate should be split between morning and evening feeds.
- With the scoop provided the following feed rates can be applied.